Welcome to Season 1, Episode 1 of the Think Orphan podcast. In this episode, Philip Darke and Kelly Stewart define the Who, What, and How of Think Orphan. This week they introduce the topics they will be covering in coming episodes and what led them to their involvement in the global orphan crisis. Phil and Kelly also highlight some upcoming guests, as well as some resources that have influenced their respective journeys toward orphan care. Welcome to Think Orphan!
What To Expect This Season:
- This show is a dialogue- Each podcast will be an open discussion between Phil and I, and our guest. We will examine the issues from all sides with the perspective of best practice in orphan care.
- Weekly Interviews with Experts in Orphan Care- Each episode you will hear from those who are doing the work around the world, in the areas that affect vulnerable children around the world. We will discuss the issues surrounding the work our guests are doing, as well as, the solutions they are implementing on the ground. We will also get to hear about the different organizations they serve.
- Recommended Resources from Our Guests- Phil and Kelly end each interview with the same two questions: “What have you read or listened to in the past year that has most impacted your thinking in the issues surrounding orphan care?” and “What one person has most impacted your thinking on how to best love and care for orphaned and vulnerable children?” You will be able to find these resources here at ThinkOrphan.
- Ways to Connect with ThinkOrphan– We want to connect with you and hear your questions! You can connect with us here at the ThinkOrphan website, Twitter or Facebook. We want to create an environment for conversation and hearing your thoughts on the issues that are discussed.
- You can download and subscribe to the episodes on Itunes, or right here on Think Orphan. We look forward to hearing your thoughts and getting to know you over the coming episodes!