Welcome to Season 1, Episode 4 of the Think Orphan podcast. In Episode 4, Todd Guckenberger, Executive Director of Back2Back Ministries, joins Phil and Kelly to discuss issues surrounding orphanages, mission trips, and a 5-Point Development Plan for every child in B2B’s care. B2B works in Mexico, Haiti, and India.
In this week’s episode you will discover:
- The Role of Short Term Mission Trips in Orphan Care
- Trauma Competent Awareness and Training
- Back2Back’s Holistic Orphan Care model and Strong Families Program
- The Family Based Environment across the orphan spectrum
- The Greatest Need for Orphan Care Organizations
- The Orphanage Debate
Links from the show:
For the following resources, please contact Julie Cooper at Back2Back
- Back2Back Partnership Agreement
- Back2Back 5 Point Child Development Plan
- Child Status Index
- Supporting docs to the TCC training.