In this episode, we hear from Rick Morton, an author and Vice President of Engagement at Lifeline Christian Services. Rick shepherds the ministry’s outreach to individual, church, and organizational ministry partners as well as the ministry’s commitment to publishing resources that aid families and churches in discipling orphans and vulnerable children. We talk through the theology of adoption and the role of the church in orphan care around the world.
In this week’s episode, you will discover:
- Discipleship in orphan care
- The struggles foster and adoptive parents face and how the church needs to respond
- The theology of caring for the orphan
- Collaboration as a reflection of the Body of Christ
- How to mobilize the church to face the orphan crisis