In Episode 34, you will hear from Tara Vanderwoude, Social Worker, Advocate, and Educator.
In this episode, you will hear Tara talk about:
- Her issues with the term, “Orphan”
- Why it is important for orphaned children, adoptive parents, and adoptees to understand ambiguous loss and how to address it
- How adoptive families can create and maintain safe atmospheres and what throwing pebbles has to do with it
- Issues surrounding transracial adoption
- Her training and education services
- And much more!
We’ll also hear about:
- A mail bag discussion from Zimbabwe on data collection and tracking of orphaned and abandoned children
- “Thoughts from the Field” from Guatemala
- A book recommendation from Kelly
Links from the show: