In Episode 40, you will hear from Jon Bergeron, Counselor with Austin Stone Counseling Center and Speaker, talking with Phil about:
- His inspiring personal experiences with foster care and adoption, including what he learned about life from his son and gardening shears
- How Jon got involved with Austin Stone Counseling Center, and how he works with adoptive and foster families in that role
- Why he loves hanging out with missionaries and adoptive and foster parents so much
- Why he thinks people need to be careful about putting too much stock in the experts and science in connection with adoption, foster care, attachment, trauma, and other related issues
- Spiritual warfare in parenting, adoption, and the care of orphaned and at-risk children
- His wisdom and advice to foster and adoptive parents from his many years of counseling and parenting experience
- And much more!
We’ll also hear:
- Kelly and Phil sharing what they’ve learned over the first two seasons and how they think we can engage each other better in our conversations about these difficult issues.
Links from the show