In this episode, you will hear Cari Armbruster, Executive Director of Alliance for Children Everywhere, talking with Phil about:
- Her journey from visiting an orphanage in the Ukraine as a teenager to leading Alliance for Children Everywhere.
- ACE’s four leverage points:
- Partnership with established indigenous churches
- Depend on alliance of collaborators and supports from other nations
- Operate temporary homes not orphanages with a focus on families
- The staff and management in the countries they work in are local
- Establishing foster-to-adopt programs in Zambia by working with the government and churches through intentional relationship building.
- Expanding the cultural mindset of foster care by leveraging the influence of local pastors to sensitize communities.
- Working both top-down and bottom-up for more integrated impact.
- Balancing reintegration with family preservation to encourage long-term success of the entire family.
- The Children in Families Initiative in Zambia – 5 organizations working together across the spectrum of care to place all vulnerable children in strong families.
- The ACE approach to short-term missions and alternatives to open engagement with vulnerable children.
Links from the show:
- Faith to Action Short-term Missions Resources
- ACCI Short-term Missions Resources
Books mentioned on the show: