In episode 105, JT Olson, Executive Director of Both Hands, talks with Phil about:
- Losing both parents in 7th grade and being rescued and raised by an aunt and uncle alongside his 5 siblings and 3 cousins.
- How his experience led to a passion for helping adoptive families raise money through supporting widows.
- The power of combining the care of orphaned and vulnerable children with supporting and caring for widows.
- Using creative fundraising to overcome the barrier to adoption.
- How God used an attic full of unused baby items to break the fear and greed that was keeping JT from adopting.
- His vision for every church of a special committee to identify and serve the widows in the congregations.
Links from the show:
Books mentioned on the show: