In Episode 111, Dr. Karen speaks with Megan Parker, Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Co-Founder of Abide Family Center in Uganda, about:
- The story of Abide Family Center – discovering that many children in Ugandan orphanages were there because their families could not support them and the resulting family preservation programs.
- Prioritizing Ugandans as the primary informers, participants, and executioners of programming.
- Megan’s trajectory through leadership – eventually choosing to develop her leadership skills through further education in order to continue to provide excellence.
- The importance of education and training when working in international, non-profit leadership settings.
- Reading the signs and knowing the appropriate time to step down from leadership roles.
- Her advice to young starters in ministry and missions.
Links from the show:
Books mentioned on the show: