In Episode 115 you will hear from Mike Berry, author, speaker, and host of the Honestly Adoption Podcast, talking with Phil about:
- The mission of Honestly Adoption and Confessions of an Adoptive Parents to invest in the lives of adoptive families through vulnerability and support.
- The role non-adoptive and non-fostering families and individuals can play in supporting adoptive and foster families – spoiler alert, it’s not through saying “Let me know if you need anything.”
- A charge to adoptive and foster families to be openly vulnerable with others about their needs and struggles.
- The four core beliefs that will help foster/adoptive parents move from surviving the thriving.
- Leaving a legacy vs creating a legend
Links from the show:
- The Honestly Adoption Podcast
- Nadine Burke Harris’ Ted Talk: How childhood trauma affects health across a lifetime
Books mentioned on the show: