[ This episode is a recast from April 25, 2017 ]
In Episode 119, you will hear from Kent Annan, author of Slow Kingdom Coming and Co-Director of Haiti Partners, talking with Phil about:
- How we can engage the refugee crisis with excellence
- How collaboration plays an integral part in the work of Haiti Partners
- Some of the things we can learn from two of his books, Slow Kingdom Coming and Aftershock
- How we can respond well to disasters around the world and what we can learn in the midst of disasters
- The five practices for doing justice
- What “Truthing” is and why it’s important for us to do in connection with our work around the world
- Three critical questions to apply to our short-term missions
- And much more!
We’ll also hear:
- Karen talking about what “Vicarious Trauma” is and why it’s important for us to understand how to address it.
- Thoughts from the Field from Lisa Slavovsky of International Justice MIssion
- More recommendations from Phil and Karen
Links from the show:
Books mentioned on the show: