[ This episode is a recast from January 15, 2019 ]
In Episode 156, you will hear from Dr. Caroline Leaf, neuroscientist, author of numerous books, and global speaker, talking with Phil about:
- How the mind controls the brain and why that is important
- The plasticity of the brain and how it gives us great hope in our work with orphaned and vulnerable children
- The importance of reconceptualizing your past, and rewiring and changing any toxicity in your brain
- Examining and challenging some of the research connected to attachment theory and other orphan care principles
- The importance of knowing your true identity, the science of identity, and how science points us to God and is working to catch up to the Bible.
- The concept that we can’t control our circumstances but we can control how we react to our circumstances
- The place of medication in the context of caring for children suffering from mental and physical disorders and/or trauma in their lives
- And so much more!
Links from the show:
Books mentioned on the show: