In this recast, you will hear from Bruce Kendrick at Watermark Christian Church talking with Phil about:
- His foster care and adoption story, as he has children with an age range of 4 to 25
- His work at Watermark Christian Church and his prior work with Embrace Texas
- How he became less cynical toward churches and their orphan care ministries and do a better job of making orphan care part of the DNA of churches
- Why he believes we need to stop saying that “not everyone is called to foster or adopt” when speaking at churches
- Why we need to stop begging churches to get involved in orphan care.
- How we can disciple the churches who are doing nothing about orphan care to understand that the care of OVC is at the core of the Gospel
- How we can effectively collaborate with each other in our work with orphaned and vulnerable children
- How we can build structures (e.g., care circles) to wrap around families when they foster or adopt
- How we can strengthen families to help get foster kids back into their families and prevent fostering events from ever happening.
And much more!
Links from the show:
Books mentioned on the show: