In episode 177, you will hear from children’s rights advocate and global voice for care leavers, Ruth Wacuka. She’ll be talking with us about the importance of engaging care leavers beyond just hearing their stories, but collaborating on actual care programming and reforms.
- Ruth introduces herself and shares about her personal background from growing up in care (6:40)
- Shortfalls Ruth experienced growing up in a children’s home (10:35)
- The importance of promoting other community and family care settings for children growing up in orphanages (24:23)
- The role advocacy plays in pursuing better care for orphans and vulnerable children (30:00)
- How to promote children to speak up on their own behalf (33:00)
Links from the Show