In this thought-provoking podcast episode, we delve into the intriguing concept of “The Gift of Disillusionment” as explored in a recent book co-authored by our guest, Peter Greer. Peter is president and CEO of HOPE International, a global Christ-centered micro-enterprise development organization serving throughout Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe. Don’t miss this captivating conversation that explores the profound perspective that disillusionment can be seen as a gift rather than a setback.
- The work of Hope International (7:00)
- Biggest lessons learned from the last 20 years (12:00)
- The impact COVID-19 had on impoverished communities (18:00)
- The impact of war on Hope’s extensive work in Ukraine (24:00)
- Peter shares about the Gift of Disillusionment (32:00)
- Hope in a world full of cynicism (43:00)
- Being fully present with others (55:00)
The Replanted Conference provides a time away for caregivers to be refreshed, equipped, and inspired! Join us October 12-14, 2023 in Chicago or at a simulcast location near you. Registration now open! Use code ‘1MH10’ to get your Think Orphan discount!
Resources and Links from the show